Who am I?
My name is Phil Audet. I have lived in Squamish for the last 16 years. I have a Bsc. in computer science from University of Calgary.
I have worked for several years in my field and for an addition 5 years as a land surveyor. I currently work as a taxi driver in Squamish
I feel this position gives me a “finger on the pulse” of our community. I have also worked for over 15 years in the forestry industry as a treeplanter,
foreman, and surveyor. I work, live and play in our community.
What do I bring to the table?
- Open mind and the strong desire to bring thoughtful and thorough consultation with industry experts, special interest groups and individuals
- An open door policy as my priority. I will be available to any and all who wish to engage.
- A voice for the average Squamish resident. One that truly understands the struggle.
What will I do for the Region?
Aggressively court the Translink connection.
- Focus on safety, such as better lit and connected trail systems. Lower speed limit to 30 km/hour in downtown and certain residential areas.
- Make affordability and livability a priority any way possible starting with a blanket tax on short term rentals.